Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why everybody in mma dog tae known doe when chung lee?

corporate them in mma

and yes i know he use san shou so that irreverent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because it's not the style so much as the training method that is important. Using TKD kicks is fine if you train them to be used dynamically with maximum power or a resisting opponent in a ring where the aim is to knock the opponent out, not score poiints by tapping them on the chest.

Most TKD schools spar with only light contact, and using a lot of protective gear. They fight for points rather than damaging an opponent.

Compare this to a kickboxing school. They fight with pretty much no protective gear (though I know this is different for some gyms) other than gloves and a groin-cup. They don't fight for points, they fight to hurt their opponent to the point where he can no longer fight. To kick them so hard that they can longer stand, or kick them in the head and knock them unconscious.

This latter type of training is what is required for MMA. If Tae Kwon Do can be trained like that, then great. Go for it. Otherwise, dancing around with your hands down and trying to tap your opponent with a flick-kick on his chest isn't going to cut it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mirko Filipovic. TKD works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a taekwondo advocate, but also an MMA advocate.

A lot that type of thinking is born of ignorance and the fact that many MMA school owners are competing with taekwondo schools and are interested in discrediting TKD as a legitimate martial art.

The other reason is that MMA fighters need to be complete martial artists, and TKD, as much as I love it, is not a complete martial art.

That being said, TKD training could seriously benefit alot of MMA fighters.

James