I've been playing the SH series for a while ( 1 and three so far). Anyways, I have noticed some similarities with SH religion/beliefs and Christianity (maybe other religions too, but I'm not familiar with them). Like in SH1, there are crosses, like a crucifix, on top of some doorways in the school. In SH3, I thought it was kind of funny how Heather had "god" in her. For example, the Virgin Mary did not have sexual relations with a man in order to have Jesus. Well, Heather didn't need a man in order to get that "god" in here either.

Also, I remember Claudia, in SH3, saying that she wanted god to be born so that "paradise" will permanently become the real world. The paradise is the evil/scary/ silent hill. Well, Jesus' purpose to be born was so that he could open the gates of heaven again. ( both would bring a paradise land/world to man-kind)

Anyways, those are some of the similarities I noticed and I find them very interesting. There are still some things that I don't understand yet, but I was wondering if anyone else picked up on that. I just want to know if there is a deeper meaning to it.