Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How has religion influenced your life?

Regardless of what you believe, religion impacts everyone. I want to know how it has impacted your life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Religion is bad. It taught me to hate others not like me.

Christianity is good. Christ taught me to love everyone.

No Dr. Jazz, it is not religion, it is A religion, as in, one of many. I am saying religion in general is bad. Christ is one man who has been misquoted to make horrible things come about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to a Catholic school. Entered as a deist at 12, left as an atheist at 17. It was directly related to what I learned/witnessed at said school.

Does that count?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a great question.
    I have thought about religion vs. my life with God. religion seems to be all about what is wrong with human nature ... we separate ourselves into clans and then fight. We pray that God will be on our side in a battle: as though God would want to see us in war. We pray to a God whose religion tells us how to love, how to have sex, who to marry, who to enslave. Parts of the bible say killing is wrong: yet, other parts tell us God ordered the deaths of men, women and children and the burning of their cities.
    So -- religion made me think for myself. Meditate and ask for guidance from the Spirits.
    I follow no religious tenets now: but am closer to God than at any other point in my 65-year life. But I had to think for myself; invent my own rules about who/what God is and why that was important to me.

I would say religion is one of the major problems the USA has now and we have not learned to deal with intelligently. When people learn to love as God demonstrates to us, we will be better for it.

It's preventing me from attending my sister Jacki's wedding. she cannot get married because of christian supremacists fucking with the constitution