Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do some people (not all) use religion against homosexuality?

What makes them think we care? I don't want any other excuses to hate gays, I just want to know why some people say gays are an abomination in the eyes of god.
    I'm atheist, so I really don't care about the bible-thumper answers.

Zippyday-I care because religion is the reason for homophobia. I'm not trying to offend, but if you look around, you can easily see that it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put the lime in the coconut already has answered your question.
    If you don't care what God says, then you are asking the wrong question to the wrong people because we do care what God says.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't care, then why are you here? The Bible is very clear about homosexuality being an abomination. It's very simple.

Junior Member Marj†SFECU†pray4revival's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't use religion against homosexuality. It's the way you feel about it. What God said, he has said, and that is truth. We did not invent the Holy Scriptures. They were inspired.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The bible says homosexuality is an abomination.

No PC,liberal religious,atheism,homosexual agenda,etc. can change the bible to fit what they are pushing.

Adultery
    Pedophilia
    Beastiality
    fornication
    lust

any sex not between a man and his (female) wife is sin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While we live in a world of great diversity, of pain and love, of happiness and sufferering, there are some who find great peace in seeing the world in black and white terms.

To some, there are bad people and good people, people who surrender to God and people who surrender to their human desires. To some, there are people who believe every word of the Bible as if it was written by God himself, and those who do not share these views.

People who hold these black and white, narrow-minded views have no choice but to believe that homosexuality is a sin. Why? "The Bible says so!" they will say. So, contrary to all the scientific evidence that shows that being gay has nothing to do with choice/a lifestyle, they will continue to quote Levitucus and St. Paul to support their limited views.

This is unfortunate. A life with the Spirit/God can be very fulfulling. Yet when this life is all about exclusivity, about rejecting those who God supossedly rejects, then it encourages many people to reject the spiritual life.

The God I believe in rejects no one. Gay, straight, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Gentile. Of course God wants us to live loving, forgiving, moral lives. But is it possible to be a loving person AND be gay? Of course! I have known too many loving gays/lesbians to believe otherwise.

I love all people, in part because God demands that I do. I hope and pray that more and more people will realize that a spiritual life includes loving all people, and rejecting no one. Peace.