I have a question about my future guinea pigs?

DavidK

May 22, 2008
How big should my cage be for a guinea pig? I have a 2 by 2 feet cage would that be enough? one or two guinea pigs? Also what are good places to buy guinea pigs and supplies? Thanks so much in advance!!

Guinea Pigs are strictly accustomed to living in dome shaped habitats. Everybody knows that. Everyone also knows that they can create any form of matter, therefore, no supplies will be necessary. Kthxbye

Go to guineapigcages.com . it's a great site with good sized cages for good prices. no, two by two would be enough for one guinea pig (barely) but you should get two piggies as they are happier together. I would get two girls if I were you.
I'm glad you asked that last question. Please DO NOT buy from petco, petsmart or any other chain pet store. their animals are usually old and sick and badly cared for. Get them from a small local pet store. their prices are sometimes a little higher, but their animals are usually in much better condition.

Actually a single pig need seven feet of room to run around and play. Your cage should be about three feet by four feet for only one pig. For two you need about ten feet and the number keeps going up. A good place to buy a guinea pig would be from a breeder, they will be better socialized. You can go to any pet store to get supplies. I suggest buying a c and c cage because they can provide the room that your piggie would need. Just go to Walmart.com and buy Whitmor storage cubes, then find a local sign store and buy coroplast. You can learn where to put them together at http://guineapigs.info/.

Back