Seniors have you been warned about this phone scam?

isotope2007

Aug 1, 2008
Press 1 to call back and we will lower the interest rate on your credit card?

IF you fall for this scam you will be charged a $500 fee (on your card) for them calling your credit card company and asking them to lower your interest rate.

You can call your credit card company yourself, tell them you want the lowest rate they have and legally they HAVE to give it to you. As long as there are no problems with your account.

If you fall for this there is nothing you can legally do to recover your money.
I've been called 3 times. Phoned back listened to his speal, said actually I work for the RCMP and would like to - And he hung up before I got any further. I dont think they will be calling me again

I would hang up because I don't have any credit cards. I can't afford one. If I am unable to pay in cash then I do without. I don't have much. What I do have is mine.

I have not heard of this scam. But I have, as you said, called the credit card company on my own and requested a lower rate. But like another responder, I am trying to get rid of my credit card and pay cash for everything like my parents did. Thanks for the info

I have not heard of this scam. But I have, as you said, called the credit card company on my own and requested a lower rate. But like another responder, I am trying to get rid of my credit card and pay cash for everything like my parents did. Thanks for the info

Back