Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Allgrown...nothing like a snob to make you second guess yourself...drink what you like...like me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because white zinfandel is typically considered a "non-wine drinker's wine". It doesn't have the characteristics typically attributed to wine. Its sweet, but its more like a juice then wine and if you were to order it in a wine bar, you would come off as a novice who doesn't know how to appreciate wine. There's nothing wrong with it, its tasty, but yeah, if you are amongst wine connoisseurs, its a weak choice. Drink on and enjoy it, don't stop ordering it because you're worried about other people.

Downloads
    Uploads

Why is white zinfindel not a "good" wine?

I was on a cocktail tour in new orleans and the tour guide made a comment to the effect of "ordering that is like ordering a white zin at a wine bar" lol I never considered my wine of choice as a feau pax, I enjoy most wine, but it's my fav. so should I switch?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No! Drink what you enyoy and don't listen to wine snobs

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Allgrown...nothing like a snob to make you second guess yourself...drink what you like...like me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Drink whatever you like. If you like sweet wine, white zin is a good choice. Try a Riesling sometime. It is probably one you would like, too. Pinot Grigio is also sweet..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because white zinfandel is typically considered a "non-wine drinker's wine". It doesn't have the characteristics typically attributed to wine. Its sweet, but its more like a juice then wine and if you were to order it in a wine bar, you would come off as a novice who doesn't know how to appreciate wine. There's nothing wrong with it, its tasty, but yeah, if you are amongst wine connoisseurs, its a weak choice. Drink on and enjoy it, don't stop ordering it because you're worried about other people.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads