Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Call their customer service (611 from your T-Mobile phone) and ask for Billing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems like a question for a technical assistant... but you don't want to ask about your bill specifically if you want honest, straight-forward answers. In my opinion, you shouldn't be charged for using your own Wi-Fi. I was under the impression that having a WiFi capable phone means you can get on the web for free like with your computer. But that would be logical.

First you need solid info. Call T-mobile from a phone not connected to you and tell them you want to ask some very technical questions about their WiFi capable phones and any possible charges than may incur with using an everyday WiFi hotspot. You'll be calling as a potential customer. They love to give all the info they can to potential spenders.... you just have to know which questions to ask. If you call as yourself, all they'll want to do is talk about your bill and you won't get any info.

Ask them to tell you how the WiFi thing works. "If I go to McDonald's and use their WiFi, does it work the same as on my computer?" I use McDonald's as an example because they charge $3 to use their WiFi. This will play to your next question. Let them give you all the info on how it works, clearing up anything that sounds vague before you move on to this question. "Since they charge for WiFi use, will I be charged by T-Mobile as well for data usage or anything of that nature?" Make sure you're both talking about personal and public hot-spots... not T-mobile hot-spots.

I also recommend recording the conversation. If they say there are no charges for using public or personal hotspot... then you have an argument and proof from one of their employees. However, if the technician tells you that there are charges, ask him if that information is easily accessible in writing. If you have to dig though the t-mobile website or take down a url from him, that's not easy access. This makes you entirely uninformed about potential charges for using WiFi and you shouldn't have to pay for something you had no idea you were buying.

I wish you the best of luck. At&t still believe I owe them over 200K because one of their associates failed to inform me of the extra charged for international internet when I clearly asked if there was anything I needed to do or know... any plan I needed to apply. Because I did this, this allows me to combat their bill. Poor tech probably lost his job too.

I hope you're able to resolve it. And remember, when you discuss your bill with a MANAGER, you need a good mix of upset and confused. They like to ignore anger and they'll try to blow you off if you're too nice. Be firm, and a little pestering if they take too long (like days). The more they hear from you, they more they don't want to hear from you... and they only way to stop hearing from you is to resolve your problem.

Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems like a question for a technical assistant... but you don't want to ask about your bill specifically if you want honest, straight-forward answers. In my opinion, you shouldn't be charged for using your own Wi-Fi. I was under the impression that having a WiFi capable phone means you can get on the web for free like with your computer. But that would be logical.

First you need solid info. Call T-mobile from a phone not connected to you and tell them you want to ask some very technical questions about their WiFi capable phones and any possible charges than may incur with using an everyday WiFi hotspot. You'll be calling as a potential customer. They love to give all the info they can to potential spenders.... you just have to know which questions to ask. If you call as yourself, all they'll want to do is talk about your bill and you won't get any info.

Ask them to tell you how the WiFi thing works. "If I go to McDonald's and use their WiFi, does it work the same as on my computer?" I use McDonald's as an example because they charge $3 to use their WiFi. This will play to your next question. Let them give you all the info on how it works, clearing up anything that sounds vague before you move on to this question. "Since they charge for WiFi use, will I be charged by T-Mobile as well for data usage or anything of that nature?" Make sure you're both talking about personal and public hot-spots... not T-mobile hot-spots.

I also recommend recording the conversation. If they say there are no charges for using public or personal hotspot... then you have an argument and proof from one of their employees. However, if the technician tells you that there are charges, ask him if that information is easily accessible in writing. If you have to dig though the t-mobile website or take down a url from him, that's not easy access. This makes you entirely uninformed about potential charges for using WiFi and you shouldn't have to pay for something you had no idea you were buying.

I wish you the best of luck. At&t still believe I owe them over 200K because one of their associates failed to inform me of the extra charged for international internet when I clearly asked if there was anything I needed to do or know... any plan I needed to apply. Because I did this, this allows me to combat their bill. Poor tech probably lost his job too.

I hope you're able to resolve it. And remember, when you discuss your bill with a MANAGER, you need a good mix of upset and confused. They like to ignore anger and they'll try to blow you off if you're too nice. Be firm, and a little pestering if they take too long (like days). The more they hear from you, they more they don't want to hear from you... and they only way to stop hearing from you is to resolve your problem.

Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

how can T mobile charges for using my own house wifi data?

today i received a bill from t mobile saying that i owe them 440.77 dollars. i looked at the summary and almost 250+ were from the use of text messaging, but i never text. i look at the usage and saw yahoo messenger. then i knew that for every instant message i sent or received they charged me 20 cents. but my problem is that i was using my house wifi not their data connection i dont even have t mobile internet. i wanated to know can they charge me for using my wifi and if not what arguement can i present to them.

thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads