My nephew starts screaming like he's hurt when you hardly touch him?

MoM2TwO

Jan 14, 2009
I watch my nephew about 3 or 4 hours a day - and lately he has been screaming and and saying "owie" when my son's touch him - he's not hurt, half the time my kids are trying to hug him or give him something, or play together - but he reacts the same way he does if he fell down the stairs or seriously hurts himself.

It's hard, because it's not every time - it's random, sometimes he's happy even when the kids are a little rough (he's usually the roughest when they are doing that) and sometimes he's happy to play with them and touch and be touched - but then, something will just click and he's screaming over nothing again - sometimes he doesn't know I'm watching and he starts screaming even when my sons aren't even touching him at all, much less hitting, although he'll scream over a light touch even when I'm playing with them an interacting, so it's not just a craving for adult attention....

It's gotten to the point where I'm taking him aside and doing timeouts for the screaming instead of the hitting - he does it constantly. My 3 year old starts crying when my nephew comes because he doesn't like him anymore because of this.

My nephew is 2 1/2 and my kids are 2 and 3.

Has anyone else gone through this and know how to put it to an end so that they are all happy again?

talk to him like where hurt or etc, or talk to the mom n see if he does owie at home with mommy. or hav mommy watch serecvtly like u do and maybe he say owie

Back