What's wrong with my BMW 316i?

sacrifice_e46

Feb 13, 2009
Hi,

I just bought a BMW E46 and the problem is that it keeps breaking down. I know this might be because it has done about 100000 miles but I was told BMWs have a long life. I got a mechanic to check it over but so far I have broken down 7 times in all and the mechanic said it was fixed. Also it smokes up sometimes and I have to leave it on the side of the road and hitch a lift off passers by.
I know you need more information on the problem, but is this a common problem with BMWs? My homosexual friend has a E46 too, but he has a 320i, which has done more miles and is older. His actually looks like it might fall apart, but mine is in better condition. He also believes his £3000 car is better than a £12000 1.8 Astra, £14000 1.6 Mini Cooper S, and £11000 1.9 Grande Punto. Is he delirious or does he have a point that BMWs are better than new cars, because so far I haven't seen evidence of this.

Thanks for all your help.

You've got a crap mechanic, not necessarily a crap car. 100,000 miles shouldn't be a problem for any car really, and it should certainly be a better car than an Astra or Punto regardless of age or price.

Your friend although sexually confused and slightly in love with his BMW is probably more likely to be able to fix yours than this so called mechanic.
We are however going to be of little help unless you can give more details as to what the symptoms are.
Never met a gay mechanic but beleive JG might be batting for the other side!

Back