I first met this friend when I was about 7 years old, she was 8 at the time. She is now 14 and I am 13. She has been living with her grandma since she was 8 months old. Her mom is a terrible person, as much as I hate to say it. She doesn't even know who her dad is, and she also tried to kidnap her once. Now, she is 14 and she feels so unloved that she has begun to cut herself. She says she will stop, but I'm not sure she has the willpower. She already plans to not go to college and she also considers not finishing high school. Her grades are terrible and she doesn't see a reason why she needs to believe in herself. All she has is me, and a boyfriend who I can say she loves very much, even at this young age. He is sort of mean to her sometimes, so that puts her down even more.I love her very much because we are like sisters, only we live different lives. She is a nice girl and she has potiental. However, her grandma shows no faith in her. My friend has changed alot in the last couple days. She is very emotional and she feels so unloved, which is actually the case. I think that my house is the place people love her most.She calls my mom her mom and my dad her dad. But now it's gotten to a point where she needs so much more than just a great friend who can try to help her. She needs more support than I can give her, because I am less expierenced than necassary, She needs phsycolgy or therapy, whatever you call it. I really hope she gets it. But can I still help her? Can I make the difference she needs? I believe I can, but I don't know how. It would hurt me very bad if she were to turn out like her mom. a druggie who sleeps with any guy. How can I help her get back on the right road,and maybe even finish college?