Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking to buy a Good Mountain Bike. Any recomendations?? (Walmart,

A bike shop, Ebay ect...)? I like to bike on Bike paths and on Side streets for fitness. Maybe 50-70 miles a week. I weigh 210, So I figure mountain bikes would be more durable. I usually buy Mountain bikes for 0 or so from places like Walmart or K-mart. That being said I am looking for a better Quality bike, Somewhere between 200-350. I am most concerned about safety and durability....Should I buy a High quality Used bike from E-bay,,,,I high end Model from a Walmart,,,Or should I go to a Bike shop and buy a Entry level Bike???...I wen't to Bert's bikes in Tonawanda NY and they recomended a Trek-820 for 329.99 with free lifetime service.. Sounded pretty good....So I figured I would ask the Smart riders of Yahoo Answers for some Good Advices...Thanks!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get the Trek, never buy a Walmart bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Walmart doesn't have "high-end" bikes. The Trek 820 is an ok entry level bike. But it should be in near new condition for that price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NEVER BUY A BIKE SHAPED OBJECT from any of the marts" Get that Trek! Although entry level you do not get the service that comes with a w-mart bike that you will with the Trek. The lifetime service probably only includes performance checks (brakes and shifters in proper working order) other than that you will have to pay for cables that stretch and brake pads that wear down. Stay away from the BSO's at w mart and K mart and all the other big box stores as they are inexpensive and thus you get the low quality that goes with them and you get the night stocker that assembles a few each night because he once fixed his chain on his bso and therefore is the "most qualified" in the store to build them...now how comfortable do you feel about that? Stick to the bike shop- that's all they sell and if safety and durability is your primary concern then you should not have to think about this now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The price is right, the brand is right, and who could argue with the service deal?

How's the fit? Most important decision in selecting a bike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    reasonably good new mtnbike look around 450.00$. bike from a shop better than from walmart anyday. get the trek! ride it like you stole it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    reasonably good new mtnbike look around 450.00$. bike from a shop better than from walmart anyday. get the trek! ride it like you stole it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would get a norco bike norco recks treks