I was driving my car down a road with the intention of turning right at a intersection. There were 2 cars behind me. I was at the front, car 1 was behind me and car 2 was behind car 1. I indicated to turn right and braked gradually. Whilst i was turning right, car 1 the car directly behind me braked. Car 2 overtook car 1 but crossing the double lines (into the lane of oncoming traffic) and thus hit me whilst i was turning right. The car 1 witness said i indicated too late or not at all and that i broke suddenly, which contradicted what i did. The cops said i was at fault, that by not indicating in time and braking hard i caused confusion and caused the accident because car 2 had to take evasive action by avoiding car 1. They said cause i was a P green driver that i was inexperienced and caused the accident. He said speed limit was 100 and i told him i was going 80 before the braking, and that on roads with such high speed limits i should indicate earlier and not brake as suddenly. I should also add that the road was wet because it was raining. Am i at fault?. Should i appeal this? Is there anywhere i can get free legal advice on this situation? Are the police right? Lets say I didnt indicate and i broke really hard, am i at fault ....? The car 2 should have had appropriate stopping distance plus he crossed the unbroken lines which is illegal isnt it?