Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Disney Movie is "My Gift Is You" from?

There's a song called "My Gift Is You", sung by Leslie Whitely and Craig Hella-Johnson. I've been searching and searching, but can't seem to find where the song is from?

It's on the new Disney cd called "The Essential Disney Love Collection". Does ANYONE know? I've never heard it before.

Unregistered
    12/20/2006
    “My Gift is You” Jesmax Music, BMI

Jesmax Music, BMI, is pleased to have placed a Gary Powell song, “My Gift is You”, on the album “Disney’s Merry Little Christmas” on Walt Disney Records.

The song is performed by singers Craig Hella Johnson, director of vocal ensemble Conspirare in Austin, and Leslie Whiteley, a Killeen, Texas school music teacher.

Album Producers: Gary Powell, Ted Kryczko, Ed Mitchell
    Song Producer: Gary Powell
    Piano: Gary Powell
    Guitars: Larry Seyer

The Austin String Quartet
    Violin 1: Richard Kilmer
    Violin 2: Elise Winters
    Viola: Bruce Williams
    Cello: Douglas Harvey

Unregistered
    I appreciate the extensive information on the specific recording of the holiday song, "My Gift Is You." However, that information still begs the question, from where did this holiday song come? Did it come from a Disney-produced film, and which one? Is this Christmas song in the commons? Does the Disney company own the rights to the song? If so, did Disney own the right to the first production of the song? And, where did it first appear? Also, who is Gary Powell?

Thank you.