Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I tell my parents that I'm lesbian, much less really like a girl that I...

...met online? Ok so here is my situation.
    I met a girl online about two years ago. Our age isn't too vast and we're both in our late teens. She lives pretty far from me (About four thousand miles) and we haven't ever met face to face.

I've never told my parents that I am lesbian, because I was kinda hoping that they would figure it out on their own...It's not like I go to terribly far out of my way to hide it. Unfortunately, both of my parents are ignorant and slightly homophobic. Also they both think that anyone you talk to online wants to rape and murder you.

Anyway, my life would be a whole lot easier if I could just tell them that I really, really like this girl. Love in fact.
    Because we haven't ever met face to face, I donno if we are "meant to be" or whatever, but I love her to the point that I would work as hard as I could just to find out.

We talk on the phone, but because I am sneaking around, our conversations have to be late. It would be so nice if I could talk to during the day.

It probably wouldn't bother me so much, telling my parents, if not for the fact that I still live with them. I am plenty old enough to live on my own, but I'm having trouble finding a job because I live in a small town that's kinda in hard times right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i'd start out slowly... let them know you are gay first, because, the whole online dating thing can be really risky.

one step at a time, because they'll be freaking out at first from what you're saying... hopefully they will be understanding in the end though. good luck <3 =