2003 mazda rx-8 is it a good car?

stay away from it...the rotary engine is a pain to deal with....if your looking for a nice strong car...look into the 350z instead....

A good looking and reliable car but it's a gas guzzler. A way smaller engine than v8 but consumes gas like there's no tomorrow. Rx-8 has rotary engine and it has to be taken care of differently than conventional engine. You have to warm it up first before you can move it otherwise there will be engine problems.

It's a good car since it's Japanese. But with first year models there are always some kinks to work out. Make sure you know how to work on your car. My friend has a 2005 model which works very good and has no problems. Keep it in good conditions though or else, like any car, it'll fall apart. Check edmunds.com.

I would look somewhere else.

The only reason I say this is because the Mazda has a rotary engine.
The rotary engine is fine and can be reliable, but you have to take care of it differently than your standard engine.

And if you are asking this question in the first place, I am about 95% sure you do not know how to maintain a rotary engine.

Disadvantages of the RX-8 - Poor fuel economy, no back seat, burns oil

I would look somewhere else.

The only reason I say this is because the Mazda has a rotary engine.
The rotary engine is fine and can be reliable, but you have to take care of it differently than your standard engine.

And if you are asking this question in the first place, I am about 95% sure you do not know how to maintain a rotary engine.

Disadvantages of the RX-8 - Poor fuel economy, no back seat, burns oil

The RX-8 has a rotary engine (Wankel to some). Because of this, it is imperative that you read the owners manual and learn some things that are unique to the operation of this fine automobile.
For those that truly know sports cars, it is one of the best. If value for the dollar is taken into account, it is one of the top nine, if not in the top two most fun cars to drive.
Take care of it and it can last an easy 200 K miles.
Ignore the operating directions and you will call it a lemon.
So study up and enjoy!

Back