What does Metrosexual mean?

Dilbert

Mar 18, 2008
No this very serious term comes from the root of the Yuppie movement. Young Urban Professional Persons. It is a straight man who has the refined taste in clothes and all things fine, previously only the territory of Homosexual, hence the clarification.

Am I just being stupid?
Ok, thanks guys. I came across it when I read Lipstick Jungle because Wendy refers to her husband as Metrosexual. Now I know why, ha ha!

And who said there isn't such a word, there obviously is, and no I wasn't confusing it with heterosexual, I'm not stupid, ha ha!

it is a man who is a homosexual in denial. he is feminine in his approach to personal hygine and fashion and pretends to like girls as he is too afraid to come out the closet.

No this very serious term comes from the root of the Yuppie movement. Young Urban Professional Persons. It is a straight man who has the refined taste in clothes and all things fine, previously only the territory of Homosexual, hence the clarification.

It's a straight guy who acts and dresses like a stereo typical gay guy.

This term is generally applied to heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, and/or whose lifestyles display attributes stereotypically attributed to gay men.
The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are.

Back