Soulseek on Vista - why can't I tag shared network files?

Karpovka_av

Feb 11, 2009
All my music is on the NAS (Network Attached Server), and when I use to have Windows XP everything was working perfectly fine. I had to get a new computer, and now I am on much hated Vista..

I am not new to Soulseek (SS). I can't say that I know it in and out, but I have been using it long enough to remember how to share a file. The same procedure on Vista doesn't work.

So..
I downloaded and Installed SS.
Restarted my computer.
Opened the SS window.
=>File Sharing => Add shared folder.
I am able to see folders on my NAS and I pick one that I want to share. The folder shows in the "Shared Folders" window. I click "OK"...

At this point, when I had XP, I could see that the files in the folder are being tagged (very bottom of the main SS window). But now, after I click "OK" nothing happens, and when I go into the File Sharing Settings, the folder that was in the "Shared Folder" window disappears.

I tried sharing a folder that is on my computer and everything is working fine. That is - I am able to add shared folder and it shows up as shared like is suppose to. So the problem seems to be with SS communicating with NAS.

My problem is that I don't know much about how internet security works. Must be something about the Firewall, Anti-Virus protection and the like... But that is just my not very educated guess.
I tried "googling" for the solution, but all I could find was complains on the download speed with Vista.

If someone would direct me to the right place that offers a solution or guide me through fixing it "for dummies" style, I will be overjoyed.... :)))
Of course, "the best answer" will go to the first answer that will get my SS to share. :)

Back