Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Soulseek on Vista - why can't I tag shared network files?

All my music is on the NAS (Network Attached Server), and when I use to have Windows XP everything was working perfectly fine. I had to get a new computer, and now I am on much hated Vista..

I am not new to Soulseek (SS). I can't say that I know it in and out, but I have been using it long enough to remember how to share a file. The same procedure on Vista doesn't work.

So..
    I downloaded and Installed SS.
    Restarted my computer.
    Opened the SS window.
    =>File Sharing => Add shared folder.
    I am able to see folders on my NAS and I pick one that I want to share. The folder shows in the "Shared Folders" window. I click "OK"...

At this point, when I had XP, I could see that the files in the folder are being tagged (very bottom of the main SS window). But now, after I click "OK" nothing happens, and when I go into the File Sharing Settings, the folder that was in the "Shared Folder" window disappears.

I tried sharing a folder that is on my computer and everything is working fine. That is - I am able to add shared folder and it shows up as shared like is suppose to. So the problem seems to be with SS communicating with NAS.

My problem is that I don't know much about how internet security works. Must be something about the Firewall, Anti-Virus protection and the like... But that is just my not very educated guess.
    I tried "googling" for the solution, but all I could find was complains on the download speed with Vista.

If someone would direct me to the right place that offers a solution or guide me through fixing it "for dummies" style, I will be overjoyed.... ))
    Of course, "the best answer" will go to the first answer that will get my SS to share.

Unregistered
    Hi, did you find a solution for this problem?