Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My child's father worries me?

Come may it will be a year since my 8 yr old son's father has seen him. Last time I talk to him back then he said he didn't think our son wanted anything to do w/him or his family after he brought of details of a sexual incident a cousin who is 10 did to him. The story is a lil' more tan 2 yrs ago our son had a cousin on the dad's side of the family sexual assualt him, the kid was 12. Back then the dad shut my son out too. Well now after not talkin to him or him even tryin to talk to our son he ran into my parents and his family and him want to take my son to disneyland over spring break. He still has not contacted me about this but they are expecting me to let him go even though this family has shut him out for the last year. Now on our divorce papers it says he has visitation from 7-11 am everyday and every other weekend (it's a bit outdated-2002) and this man has never stuck to it. He's been in and out so many times either from just a couple weeks to a few mths. Everytime I'm the one who has to comfort my son when this happens and it's gotten to the point he don't even mention them anymore. I'm beyond frustrated with this family and I'm not willing to let my son leave the state for a week with a family he hasn't seen for almost a year. Since I'm primary custodian and visitations on divorce papers don't have his back on taking him on spring break I can still say no right??? They can't call and make a scene with police to where I would have to turn him over to them for the trip??? I really scares me because out of the blue they tell my parents they want him, the reason why it scares me is that my son is part native (dad's side is all) and I found out that they can take him onto tribal land and keep him there if they wanted to play nasty and there would be no way for me to be able to go get him (I'm not native) I would have to file with the tribal court and go through a bunch of crap just to hope in getting him back. So you can see this frightens me very much so. Who would I contact to protect my son and I from a family/father that only shows care when convinent for them???

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can go to court and demand full custody of your child immediately. Obviously they might have a scheme to do something bad to your child from what it seems. My friend had a similar incident with her kids and it turned out her husband abused them every time they went there. So she called court and everything was fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be a worried mother too. I think I would file for sole custody. It may take a while but I think he would avoid the court system. Sounds like it would be worth a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be a worried mother too. I think I would file for sole custody. It may take a while but I think he would avoid the court system. Sounds like it would be worth a try.