Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think joining sororities are going to suit me in the future?

I really want to join a sorority but I am afraid that hazing will come into play once I join... I really don't want to be exposed of my body but I do think that if I join this, that this will really benefit me in the future... I don't know if anyone had joined one or is in one right now can you tell me do you like it or was it a bad experience did you gain anything out of it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there are social sororities and academic fraternities (for both men and women). Also traditionally black fraternities and sororities along with ethnic ones have stronger ties. The traditional Greeks value academics, community service and other values too. It really comes down to what type of personality you have. You don't have to join a sorority to have a good networking circle. Joining other groups at Universities that focus more on Academics and School activities are just as good if not better. You could always join both school related and social related groups but just keep in mind that you are there for and education and that should be your priority.

Junior Member CesariaBarbarossa's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, social sororities I feel are just that - a way for you to make a bunch of friends really quick and have really fun parties.

If you're going to join anything, join a greek organization based on academics. That is what will get you through those doors.

Sure, there are many of people in corporate America who are frat/sorority members but i've found the most respected are those who are members of academic ones, not social.

Good luck either way.

Junior Member CesariaBarbarossa's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, social sororities I feel are just that - a way for you to make a bunch of friends really quick and have really fun parties.

If you're going to join anything, join a greek organization based on academics. That is what will get you through those doors.

Sure, there are many of people in corporate America who are frat/sorority members but i've found the most respected are those who are members of academic ones, not social.

Good luck either way.