Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What would you do in this situation?

I found out I was pregnant in October, I am now 5 months pregnant. My boyfriend and I decided to look for a house, my Dad had recently moved out of his house to live with his girlfriend, so I suggested us renting that, but explained we could not afford to pay the rent till March because of Christmas etc. He agreed this was ok and said he would try get someone in for 6 months, starting from beginning of November, so the house would be empty for beginning of May for us to move in. (My baby is due in July) We didn't talk about it then at the beginning of December he told me he had put it on the internet to rent, and someone would be moving in in the beginning of January, meaning I would have had the baby by the time the house is empty and we wanted to get settled before having a new baby! I got annoyed and upset as I thought everything was sorted and we'd have the house from March. He agreed to take the house off the internet and keep it empty till March for us but was worried about paying for the mortgage when no one was in it, my exact words were, I would try to borrow the money from my Auntie, but was not happy about it. He gave us the keys mid January and we have nearly finished decorating. He phoned me the other day and asked when we could give him the money for January and February's rent, (£1000, £500 a month) and if I had asked my Auntie for it. I was shocked and didn't really know what to say! We have paid for the house to be plastered, as it had a few huge cracks that could not be left, and decorated! I just don't know what to do! Do you think me or him are being unreasonable? I don't know how he thinks we are going to afford rent, a new baby and everything we need, and paying my Auntie back when I will be getting maternity pay!! What is your opinion, should I have to pay him??

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're both right and you're both wrong. He obviously needs the money so he doesn't go into debt. But you needed him to hold the house for you and as your dad, he felt obligated to do so. There has to be some money somewhere. Keep looking. There isn't a perfect solution to this problem. Somethings gotta give.