Are you tired of hearing people complain about WWE's PG rating?

name_fan

Feb 10, 2009
C'mon now, most of the people complaining probably can't watch anything above pg-13 in the first place. Just a bunch of selfish people who don't know how to research things and take stuff into context.

With the rise of MMA, a lot of people are turning away from all of pro-wrestling to something that is more "real". The thing is, parents will not let their kids watch MMA. Rather than WWE competing with MMA and fighting for adults that they will probably never win back, they are going for the kids where there is no competition for their interest at all.

By doing this, WWE is securing their future. Raising a new generation of pro-wrestling fans to make sure that in the next few years they still have fans at all. So, do you think it's working? Yes, it is. John Cena is an icon to these kids. He transcends WWE and is actually a celebrity.

This is just a theory of my own, but I think I am correct. I know people have reservations about what is happening right now, but above all WWE is a business and they have to make sure they remain relevant
@ amy: I'm an idiot, yet you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're"
I think you fall into the pg-13 range...
@ dave- WWE isn't going downhill. They are still the most popular wrestling promotion probably in the world.

Yes. what makes for entertaining wrestling is realistic fueds, and tittles having meaning..All of which wrestling doesn't really do well anymore.

I've been thinking the same thing, it feels like i'm john cena and everyone is complaining like a jericho.

I agree, also WWE is always raising a new generation of pro-wrestling. WWE is heading downhill and "Why" has come up uncountable times, various explanations from long time pro-wrestling fans and it's just come to a point where there just isn't an answer anymore. Another thing I've learned is that the WWE will never be satisfied, it's like any other business, they can never say "they got it"

Back