Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Technically you might be able to go after Verizon since their employee was representing them while on duty. I don't believe that's appropriate though.Verizon didn't take the dog, the individual did.

Downloads
    Uploads

"Is Verizon and subcontracting company hired by Verizon liable when employee...

...steals my pet and is arrested"? This is the condensed version of events . Verizon hired a subcontracting company to come to our home to perform some work. While performing those duties, one of the men asked my mother-in-law "whose dog is that tied up"? My mother-in-law responded by saying "it belonged to my son-in-law". When my wife and I returned home the dog is gone. (Remember this is the condensed version) The following day, the dog is returned and the thief is arrested for felony theft. My question is this: Is Verizon and the subcontracting company hired by Verizon liable in a civil court of law?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can consider a dozen theories, possibilities, who done its', etc but the bottom line is LEGAL!

Courts can provide money damages BUT, you have none. The dog was returned, so specifically what was your loss? Aside from possible emotional stress, which is minimal. I mean we aren't talking about a wrongful death of a person here!

For you to simply search for someone (Verizon) with "deep pockets" to get some bucks from would be seen thru by any court, suddenly you are responsible for court costs, etc. The downside of trying to sue someone like Verizon is that they can out last you financially, and if the "person" at Verizon charged with looking into the issue, gets PO'd he can "cost" you to death. Forget it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless verizon has some kind of Pro Dog Stealing policy, it will be hard for you to prove some kind of negligence on their part or that they supporter such an action or that he was acting on Verizon's behalf

Downloads
    Uploads
    Technically you might be able to go after Verizon since their employee was representing them while on duty. I don't believe that's appropriate though.Verizon didn't take the dog, the individual did.