Should i tell my parents this?

makjon86

Feb 10, 2009
My grades have suffered this semester as i got three c's but am capable and expected to get a's or high b's. However, i hate having to actually go to school most days. I have some "friends" but they never invite me to go and hang-out with them outside of school. It's like they're only friends Mon.-Fri. from 7:40-2:55. I have a consistent table at lunch that actually is enjoyable, more than i can say about last year. Last year was awful. I spent the whole year trying to be whoever i thought people wanted me to be. That was my freshman year in HS and i was new to the district. I have always been painfully shy, so much so that it's probably my greatest hurdle in life. So fast forward to this year and i heard from many people to be myself. This i consider to be the biggest lie ever told. People actually seem to like me less when i'm being "myself." Instead of doing algebra and thinking about missing spanish work, i've been trying to figure out why i'm not liked. I STILL can't think of why-- i'm not too loud, gross, obnoxious, annoying, nerdy, shallow, or fake (at least not anymore) I speak my mind, am tad sarcastic, and always am true to myself. This feels better than being plastic. Sadly, i could never tell my parents this because their experiences in school were always basketball and cheerleading and parties and hanging out, while my friday consists of NHL 09 and listening to music. They wouldn't understand my fate and would think i was just trying to avoid being punished for getting bad grades. Should i tell them or should i get punished and just keep on going hoping my situation will improve?

Tell them. Sit down and explain what is going on and have a good chat with them. They are your parents they will maybe understand you. I would talk to them they can help.

Back