Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

problem with my canon sx110- wierd inner lens spot?

so ive had my canon powershot sx110 IS for about a month. and a couple weeks ago i noticed that there was all of a sudden a little blackish smudge dot (relativley big and noticeable), that showed up on all the pictures in the camera, and even when they were on my computer. the dot is in the lower left hand corner of the picture, and you can see it from the screen viewer, when u take the picture. i was so stupid and i didnt send it in earlier, as im going to new york and DC for a vacation on saturday! ive called the canon repair, they said to send it in, but theres no chance it will get back here in time. (7-10 buisness days, they said). i bought the camera offline from adorama camera on ebay, but i have a warranty with canon. the man on the phone said there was some software or photoshop i could use to remove this smudge thing off my pictures, but i really dont want to go through hundreds of pictures that i will take and fix them. i would LOVE it if i could send the camera in after the vacation, along with its memory card, and have the repairmen or someone fix the pictures for me, but ofcourse this isnt a perfect world so.. is there anything, i could possible do to fix this problem? thanks,

sophie

Unregistered
    I have exactly the same thing happening on my SX110 IS - any ideas on what caused it, please?