When your on this section; do you hope to rant with people you agree with, or

May 19, 2008
actually try to find useful info?
BUT THEN AGAIN, THIS IS THE POLITICAL SECTION. SO IT'LL OBVIOUSLY BE USED FOR EVIL.
IT HELPS WHEN EVERYONE BRINGS VALIDATED INFORMATION TO DEBATE THEIR "INSIGHT". BUT THEN AGAIN. EVIL AND IGNORANCE ONCE AGAIN TRIUMPHS, DOESN'T IT?

There is 99% ranting on the politics site. 1% is useful info. Just look at the topics.

Actually, I found useful answers at P&G -- mostly links to important documents and real facts. That's happened twice in the past 2 years!

Things get rowdy, but P&G Yamsters know they can't play the game if the other side leaves the field. It's a rant site, but it's also a place where people can craft their propaganda. Kinda a Rove-Emanuel love fest.

R&S is completely different --- they eat raw flesh over there. Tread with care.

See ya in Food & Beverages --- a genuinely useful Y!A section...

Most people just look for bump-set questions to rally around (particularly Republicans who need to comiserate)

NOBODY asks questions to actually find an answer.

Very little is anything except is ____ a poopy head?

I here to set people straight so many people got their facts wrong some one has to be the one to tell the truth. I can stand it when people come on here dis a party with wrong information.

I hope to inform people with cold hard facts from well established reliable organizations like the Department of Labor, Commerce, Census, Library of Congress, well established scientific organizations, etc.

Unfortunately some people base their reality on their beliefs instead of the other way around.

When some one asks a question I hope, I know that is silly of me, that they want an honest answer and the truth.
I read what others say and try to glean information from them.

Neither. I come here to fight against both the purposeful and the ignorant distortions.

So cynical, dag. I look for exchange and expect disagreement. After all, you can't stand and sit at the same time but at least you have a choice. Some don't. The information is only as useful as the experience of the people and we have not profited well from our experiences. Plus, much can be gleamed from history but very few read or study so they are just coming off of the top of there heads with what they think. You can tell by the lack of depth to what is said.

Be encouraged, not all politico is BS.

i use this section to dialogue with opposing viewpoints, problems arise when you offer your opinion and get flamed or banned with answers such as "cat got your tongue?"

So cynical, dag. I look for exchange and expect disagreement. After all, you can't stand and sit at the same time but at least you have a choice. Some don't. The information is only as useful as the experience of the people and we have not profited well from our experiences. Plus, much can be gleamed from history but very few read or study so they are just coming off of the top of there heads with what they think. You can tell by the lack of depth to what is said.

Be encouraged, not all politico is BS.

I am getting really tired of the people on here that only want to rag on others that don't agree with their party. (repubs)
They aren't here for anything other than that.
I am here for useful debate and to try to get some info.

When I was 8yrs old I remember asking my father what his party affiliation was and he told me he was a republican.So I said to him"Oh so your going to vote for that guy" I had said referring to Reagan ."He told me not necessarily.I will pay attention to the issues find out where they stand and vote accordingly." So that is something that I have always done.When I turned 18 I chose to register as a republican and I have always followed my fathers advice,pay attention and vote accordingly.So a discussion with someone that does not have the same View point as me would be welcomed.I am well educated on the issues and I am not afraid of where I stand.Everyone has a voice and a choice I am certainly not opposed to a rational discussion on the issues.

Back