Is there any scientific proof that your sexuality is a choice?

foasjioje

Feb 6, 2009
I'm not against gays or anything, just curious...
and i know people who wish they were straight... people have killed themselves because they were gay.

Sexuality is a choice... Being homosexuality isn't a disorder. I'm straight, and I don't believe that people are born 'gay' or 'lesbian'. That's scientifically incorrect, unless from a disorder, but then again, it's not a disorder, just an attraction to the same sex.

There have been studies with twins, and has shown that some parts of the brain are not equal to straight and gay people. I think it was NAT GEO.

i say this every time! why OH WHY if i had a choice would i put myself out there and say hey IM GAY! when i get hated on every fucking day of my life?! do black people choose to be black? Native Americans? Mexicans? how about Asians? no thought not....that about covers that :)

I suppose I don't really care if there is scientific proof. I know that for me it's not a choice. Is it a choice for heterosexuals? I would never have chosen to be gay, but I had to accept who I am and once I finally did, life just became so much more wonderful.

No there isnt. They cant prove it is a choice but many researchers have proven that it is not a choice and it is not a lifestyle, its just who we are as people.

For ex: Your height is unpredictable and you dont get to choose it, just like sexuality.

Back