Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

People of religion, aren't most religions fraud and false?

So how do you know if your religion isn't one of these?
    kitten mitten, I actually admire Jesus's teachings although sometimes I consider it ultimately idealistic and improbable, But I'm not a man who believes in gods and spirits.

baby girl, try thinking for yourself for once and stop listening to what others dictate as ultimate truth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gee, you really have me thinkin', man.
    All them years in preachin' school for nothin'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most religions are not fraudulent, because they contain people who actually, genuinely, believe the tenets of their religion.
    However, this does not say anything about their objective truth. Logically, if two religions say opposite things only one of them can be true. If there are a list of statements of belief, these statements are either true or false. It wouldn't take many such statements to get it down to one religion being the maximum that could be correct.
    However, I do not understand why you have asked people of religion, this is simply a matter of maths and logic.

Edit: the only way someone could know that they were correct in their beliefs is to look at the central tenets, and see if they stand up historically and logically. Even if someone knows God personally, there may be some aspects of belief you have accepted that don't stand up; but knowing God would be central, and the only essential one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question

I believe there is a thread of truth in almost any religion.
    "Faith" by definition is is belief in a system that cant be proven so not many people can be 100% positive.

However . . . . . . I do believe, I dont think there is a way I can convince you, I wont even try, that is a personal choice.
    but I can give you the reasons I believe, that is probably not enough but that is all any of us can give you.

I find it impossible to climb to the top of a mountain and look out and not believe.
    When I held the tiny hands of my children when they were newborn, there was no doubt of a higher power, I choose to believe, that's all any of us can do.

Junior Member CapitandelCaminoRio's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to the common lay people. Not to some of the Preachers. But there are people who know that the religion they preach is false. I expect the Pope knows very well that the premise of his religion is a lie.

Sorry to be cynical but most religions though based from the truth have been corrupted and changed some by people who know full well the lies they are teaching.

This is not all religions but some.