Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is Atheism Just A Rant Against Religion?

I think so!!
    Atheists don't really ask the question, what are the vital needs that religion meets? They give you the sense that religion is the enemy, which is absurd,"

There are some questions we secularists have to answer: Who am I, what am I, what can I know? Unless we can answer these questions adequately for ourselves and for others, we can't expect people to even begin to be interested in living without God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is religion just a rant against atheism?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blah Blah Blah, atheism is the position I take when people impose their ridiculous beliefs onto me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No...

That would be "Anti-Theism."

Also, I *have* asked questions before about what makes somebody believe in a religion, and what makes them faithful. I'm actually very interested in theology. I'd love to be an archaeologist or anthropologist when I am older, and so much of those fields has to do with the effect that religion has had on specific societies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Atheism is the rejection of the superstitions of our ignorant ancient ancestors, and (possibly) a determined effort to create a rational, forward looking civilization.

a.) There are no vital needs that religion meets, other than filling the pockets of shameless charlatans who reap obscene profits by undermining education and attacking scientific (physical) truth.

b.) Religion has always been the relentless enemy of human progress.

c.) "Who am I, what am I, [and] what can I know" are utterly meaningless drivel that each of us can answer for ourselves, or ignore completely if we so choose. ...meaningless word games to befuddle the naive and the ignorant.

d.) None of those questions have the least importance to people who appreciate the vital difference between objective reality and subjective mental experience.

Nobody is asking you to live without your precious God. All most atheists want is for Christians to respect the separation of Church and State and stop attempting to undermine American civilization by forcing their superstitious codswallop into our laws, government, schools, and research laboratories. Christians are clearly the enemies of intellectual development and social progress and have long been shameless parasites, greedily enjoying the many benefits of modern civilization, while contributing nothing but superstitious ignorance and relentlessly complaining about everything they do not understand.

The rising tide of atheism is not an empty rant, it's a spontaneous effort by educated citizens to keep the ignorant fools among us from destroying everything humanity has achieved since the dawn of the scientific revolution, 418 years ago. The truth is that subjective human mental experiences have absolutely nothing to do with objective (physical) reality and the physical realm is absolutely real -- contrary to 1600 years of ignorant Christian dogma. Nothing is more important than to discard the superstitions of our ignorant ancestors and to seek humanity's destiny in our future. Why can't you deluded fools appreciate that a great many human beings are simply sick and tired of living in the superstitious ignorance of the past?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rather than being a rant against religion, atheism is a rant for rational thinking. If you can't answer "vital needs" questions for yourself, why must you insist that a god is the answer when there is absolutely no proof of that. Why won't religious people just admit that they are afraid of death and afraid to let go of ancient god beliefs...just in case? Most believers are only going through the motions because of their families and positions in society.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Atheists question all the time. Why don't you think we have a religion? I for one use the Socratic Method to help me understand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A court declared that atheism is a religion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think some atheists do it to rebel but a lot of them are just confused and have a hard time believing in one god, or beleive there just isn't enough hard evidence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast