Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow sounds like a lot of drama. Does she have any daughters herself?? If she doesn't that might explain it, but if she does then it sounds like her son is very very important and she just wants to feel a part of the wedding. I mean, she is his mother.. if this is her only son, or her first son getting married, or her favorite then you have to realize it must be hurting her some what to let her baby boy get married. And if your fiance is not very involved in the wedding planning then he's not going to involve her.. I suggest you let her speak her mind (obviously in a calm manner) and just include her in some wedding planning.. it doesn't have to be anything huge but give her some importance.. after all, she will be a part of the rest of your life! ... good luck! and congrats!

Downloads
    Uploads

Future mother-in-law is jealous that my mom gets more attention as mother of the

bride. What is wrong with her? Saturday, there was a house warming at the new house that FH and I brought. Now we invited both parents, but mainly tons of our friends were there. Now most of my friends know my mom very well-they have gone shopping with me and my mom or they are friends I have had since childhood, high school. My friends kept coming up to my mom and talking about how excited she must be for the wedding, asked about plans, etc. Each time this happened, I could see FMIL just stewing and making faces. Finally, a friend who is also getting hitched invited me and my mom to a mother-daughter bridal expo. FMIL overheard and exploded. She asked why wasn't she getting any attention, that she was important and she was sick of everyone making the wedding about me and my mom. She said without her, there wouldn't be a wedding. I put FMIL in check quick and told her this was not the place to air her insecurities, that no one cared or wanted to hear about it. FH took her aside and talked to her and she left shortly afterward. I think she was out of line!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're right; she was out of line to air all that in public.

However, make sure you did the right thing too, before you throw stones. If you knew that most of the people at this party would know your mother from long ago, or very well, but they would not know your FMIL, did you make a point of standing with your FMIL and introducing her to everyone to make her feel welcome & a part of things? Did you invite your FMIL to the expo when the friend mentioned it? (which, by the way, it was rude of your friend to ask you & your mom in front of the FMIL without also inviting her!).

Maybe you need to consider this before being so hard on her.
    She is a mother, just like your mom; she has a child getting married, just like your mom. BUT she only gets to buy a dress and show up to the wedding. If you and your FH have a son, think how this would make you feel when he gets married. Here's this beautiful baby boy you've loved and raised all this time, and then when he gets engaged, you have to sit on the side lines with your mouth shut & listen to everyone else have fun planning it.

She may have been out of line on that one thing, but you should consider her feelings more & do your best to make her feel a part of it all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Her son is getting married and she wants some of the lime light....it is an important day for her too...not just your mom. Fix the relationship now or you will have trouble down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate to say it, but this is a glimpse of the future. A mother in law is jealous because she isn't get her fair share of attention.......please. Just be cordial, include her at appropriate times. Making a whole lot of extra effort won't help anything and don't apologize, you've done nothing wrong. My mother in law cannot be pleased, at least by me, because I married her son and took him away from her. I should be sent straight h** for that, just ask her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might I recommend from vast experience that you'd avoid all of that nonsense with a quiet elopement?

Downloads
    Uploads
    omg its your day! tell her to grow a pair! thats insane!
    do not let her ruin your wedding! shes a b!tch!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I say leave the evil bitch alone.