Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good vacation on a budget?

My husband and I have been together for 10 years and we have never had a vacation together. We can't really afford to take a vacation right now but we would like to take one this year. I honestly don't care where we go, it doesn't have to be tropical or anything. Just as long as there is something fun to do. So, does anyone know a good place to go that isn't too expensive?? I live in Ohio so as long as it's out of the state it's cool with me.

I have no credit cards and nothing in savings right now so when I say budget, I mean budget. If you make like $100,000.00 a year and can afford to go anywhere in the world that's great for you but it needs to be basically the best place I can go for the lowest amount.

Junior Member TheKingofShockandAwe's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hersheypark in PA might be a good choice if it still exists. My mother's company (Grove Crane) had yearly trips there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in the UK and if me and my mum want to go on a holiday last minute or something we go to the travel agents and book a late deal, and that usually takes us anywhere in europe and costs about £400.00 for the both of us for about 2 weeks, and we have done that about 3 time and each time has been really nice, just as good as if you booked a holiday in advance and paid 3 times as much

Because you are from the USA i ain't to sure if you have the same as me
    But go to your local travel agency and ask for a late deal, or give them your budget and see what places are available and then have a look at the place see what its like and what the costs are of the place and then take it from there

hope that helps
    x

Downloads
    Uploads
    That depends, if you are looking for a vacation, or an adventure (not depreciating one from the other). alot of times if you were just looking for a little get away, an all-inclusive cruise to mexico or the Caribbean might be what your looking for. For example, I'm in Arizona, I can Drive to LA or San Diego and save about 0 per person in airfare to go on a cruise in mexico, I found 6 night cruises for under 0USD (not including port-fees, taxes,excursions ect.). Your best bet is to do alot of research, decide exactly where you want to go and what you want to do on your trip. Ask yourself, is a beach-front hotel as important as the activities that could cost as much as the upgrade? Generally, two people should be able to go on a moderate vacation for 00 to 00 USD. If you are looking to save money I would try to find a cruise with shore excursions that meet your expectations, also there are alot of places in the Carribbean that are all inclusive, In closing, it all depends on where you go and what you want to do. your best bet is to make an outline of your vacation and work with your local travel agent to help you find the best vacation for you. Also by booking with a travel agent , you can book your vacation a couple months in advance and make payments, where if you book on-line you have to pay in full, on the spot. Hope this was helpful, let me know if you are curious about some nice destinations, I am currently studying to be a Travel Professional.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cruises are now the cheapest way to travel, cheaper even that a road trip. You should be able to find a cruise for under $100 a day.