1988 chevy 1500 4*4 with jasper 350 crate engine.. idle problems....?

Got a 350 crate jasper that spunt a bearing.. tore it down put a crank kit in, timing chain and sprokets, oil pump, plugs wires, etc.. Got it all together and timing set and ran great... well on my way to stem clean the engine and all today once i start going down the road its acts like it is running out of gas and the more gas you give it the worse it gets... And suggestions.. im stumped.. check all my wires and timing and its all good.. also put 10 in the most high grade gas.. Im LOST!!! Thanks

Go ahead and check fuel pressure before and after the fuel filter if possible. It may seem like the rebuild and modifications are at fault and makes the most sense, but cars are unpredictable and it could be a coincidence that the fuel pump / filter are bad. Also, could have a vacuum issue or even a distributor/plug/wire issue. Just because you have new stuff doesnt mean it isnt faulty. If you have a Catyl. Converter check that too because a friend of mine had a plugged converter and it ran sluggishly but, that is more of a progressive issue and not an "all of a sudden" problem. Is there a SES or Check Engine Light on?

Back