Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CyEstra-35?

Unregistered
    I have been on CyEstra for a year now - It has cleared up my face, but i still get break outs for like a week every month, usually the week after my period. It has also made my boobs grow 2 cup sizes and gain about 10 lbs, which sucks. But over all, if it continues to keep my face clear for the majority of the time, I'm staying on it.

Unregistered
    Hiyaa. I've been reading a lot of those posts here... sorry to hear about the bad experiences!

I've only used Cyestra not Diane, and yes! Mucho weight gain.
    I was on it all last year from Jan 11' - Sept 11' and I had SEVERE acne (I was also prescribed Accutane years before) well Cyestra helped keep my skin clear (I still got a few pimples here and there even after being off accutane) HOWEVER, once I stopped taking it Oct 2011 - Dec 2011 my skin broke out SOO much. Actually from January of this year till now it is sooo bad. I've got acne all over my face, neck, shoulders, back! Like ew!
    Anyway, so I'm back on Cyestra, on my second pack... no signs of the acne disappearing yet... actually my face has broken out like crazy, and has become SOO dry. There are flakes of dry skin all over my face that I cannot even cover up with makeup! so sad...

I'm really hoping this acne disappears asap! If not, I might just get Accutane prescribed for me... it was a miracle drug, however the side effects are super severe, although I wasn't effected by them.

Every time I start a new pack of Cyestra I wake up at like 4am and puke. It's pretty disgusting, but I'm used to it now..I just like to get it over and done with instead of that sickening feeling..

Anyway, so I've gained like 15 lbs (no joke) ever since I've been on Cyestra for a year, my boobs got soo big! (Which I don't mind, but the extra weight gain everywhere else isn't that great.) I do feel depressed at times, but it's not so bad. Once you go off of the pill its goes away.

Anywayy, hope this helps! I'm praying my acne will clear up soon at least after my 3rd month of being on it!

Unregistered
    Cyestra is absolutely HORRIBLE! I was on Diane for about 2 1/2 years before I switched to Cyestra, only because its cheaper. So wasn't worth it. I gained about 15 pounds, which ofcourse put me up a cup size. I haven't noticed any tenderness, but the mood swings and depression I feel while I'm on it is horrible. It has effected my relationship with my boyfriend so badly. I will just cry and say mean and hurtful things for no reason, and I start disagreements over the smallest things. I am seriously like mr jeckyl and dr hide. I would be feeling great one moment and then depressed and hating my life the next. I wasn't like this before cyestra, and now that I'm off it again I'm back to feeling like myself.
    DO NOT TAKE cyestra if you are happy on Diane! They are NOT the same!

Unregistered
    My doctor prescribed me Diane-35 for my acne and to use as a birth control and my pharmacist, without telling me mind you, gave me Cyestra-35. I went home confused and found online that is was the generic, no big deal right? False. In about two weeks I've experienced severe breast tenderness, abdominal pain, my acne has gotten even worse (but I justified this as it forcing all the crap out of my skin), but for me the final straw was the mood swings, depression, anxiety and extreme decrease in sex drive. I didn't think this could possibly be the medication because I've only been on it for less than a month; but, we're talking my sweet and concerned boyfriend, who up until a couple weeks ago I was crazy about, asked me how I was feeling about "us" and I nearly spewed my complete disinterest in him and broke up with him. The only reason I made the connection was because as it turns out, my older sister did the whole Cyestra to Diane switch and said she had major mood swings and irritability not to mention depression, so before this gets any worse, I'm going to try out Diane-35. Just wish I had talked to her sooner.

Unregistered
    I've been on cyestra 35 for a month my period went from 5 days long to 8 days now I had 7 days off my period and now I've been spotting for 8 days and counting... My acne is the worst it's ever been, I'm very moody to the extreme... Monday ill be talking to my dr... Merry Xmas to me :'(

Unregistered
    I started CyEstra about a month ago and my boobs are incredibly swollen and painful. Also my mood has been very low. I am taking ti because of a hormone imbalance. Does Diane have the same effect on hormones?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234