Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CyEstra-35?

Unregistered

complete nightmare!!

i was put on cyestra 35 to control my horomonal acne. In 5 months my acne went from mild to severe!! it didnt help me at all. i am now off the cyestra 35 and curse the doctor who suggested it. so now i been off it for a month but have been put on antibiotics and have started getting glycolic acid peels and microdermabration to try and smooth out my damaged, acne scarred, bumpy skin... so it works miracles for some and disasters for others, i just wanted to share my story...

Unregistered

Component i second that!

I just started CyEstra and my breast feel very heavy. I hope that the side effects will subside after a while.

Unregistered

wondering

hey guys I am just wondering if any of you noticed your skin got worse before clearing up? my face was doing ok until i started taking CyEstra and as soon as i started the pils my face went crazy and started breaking out.

Unregistered
    Hey, so I used to take Diane 35 a LOOONG time ago to control my periods (and help keep my face clear). I'm in my 20s now and my face is worse than ever. So I went to my doc and asked for Diane 35 again. When I went to the pharmacist, she gave me CyEstra, saying it's the same thing. I went to my dermatologist and he gave me some topical meds too. I haven't been on the pill for over a month yet, so I'm still waiting for results.

I have, however, experienced facial hair loss (vellus hair and some of my eyebrows - nothing too bad though), breast enlargement (whoo!) and slight tenderness (boo!), and a very, very increased sex drive.

Now having read that the active ingredients are the same in both drugs, I'm going to assume that they're going to work the same way with clearing up my face.

Unregistered
    I just started taking Cyestra 35 for acne and my doctor told me that I may experience weight gain as a side effect. He said that your just retaining water and to drink lots of water to cancel it out. I haven't experienced it though.

Unregistered
    I was on Diane-35 for 3 months and it cleared my acne. I thought my acne of 10 years was gone forever thanks to it.

I went to the pharmacist and they asked if I wanted to take the generic instead (Cyestra-35), telling me it's the same thing. Sorry, their exact words were "it 'should' be the same". I took their word for it.

In a weeks time of taking the generic, my whole chin area flared up in large red and painful pimples. How depressing... (must have been the fillers in the pills). I am NEVER going to take Cyestra ever again. I am going to stick with the brand. And reading over the previous posts of sore breasts, acne problems, weight gain, I would suggest to others that Cyestra is probably not the better choice. (I also experienced breast soreness)

Unregistered
    I was on a birth control called ovral 21 for a year after tricyclin 28 didn't work for me and i ended up having my period for over 3 weeks. The ovral is one of the strongest birth controls you can get every night I went to bed so sick I couldn't sit up or else I would have puked. About 7 months ago I was prescribed Diane but my pharmacist put me on Cyestra-21 because It was covered by my benefits... I felt the whole boob thing for the first few months... now I don't even notice it - takes you about 3 months to get use to a new pill. I'm on and now I feel great... only time I feel sick is when I start a new pack and I have my first pill and its nothing compared to Ovral.

Unregistered
    cyestra works good i think hopefully good for birth control too!!
    but my face has definitly cleard up a bit, but my boobs are still small... so i guess thats ok. ive been takeing it for a few weeks now

Unregistered
    I was prescribed Cyestra-35 in about September, and for the first week or two I felt very nauseous. I haven't experienced any breast tenderness or growth. For the past few months, though, I've been getting wicked headaches that make me feel sick to my stomach; this worried me because I get a headache maybe twice a year at most, and all of a sudden they kept on coming. Today my mother suggested that maybe it's because of the Cyestra; I'm usually fine during my week off the pill but last night was my first of a new box and I was lying on the couch all day with a massive headache. I'm going to stop taking Cyestra and see if my headaches stop; I'll be seeing my doctor in March and ask his opinion then. :/

Unregistered
    I think its normal. I've been taking Cyestra 35 for 4 months now and the same thing happened to me. Enlarged breasts and tenderness there was one of the things listed in side effects of cyestra 35. They gave me this five page article when I started with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast