I need some fashion tips?

Allie

May 14, 2008
LAYER! and it depends on what color your sweatpants are. color choices depends on the person. Just look at pictures of selena gomez

Im a 13 year old girl
I just wanted some really good Fashion tips.
so when i go shopping i know what to look for.
I shop at AE, aeopostal, and Delia's
should i mix colors and layer shirts?
what Colors mix really good together?
my style is not girly and not tomboy, i love softball, and also what color shirt goes well with sweat pants
I love the style of salena gomez!!!!!!!!!

try to pair things that are very different. for example, if you do tight on the botton (like skinny jeans or tights), you can wear a loose top or just a top with more volume or visual interest, but if you do a more loose bottom, like sweatpants or a skirt, go for a tighter top. another thing that looks really cute is interesting, unique pieces mixed with simple, basic pieces. for example, you could wear just simple jeans and a t-shirt, but then add a cute cardigan from delia's or bright flats from forever21 or chrlotte russe, or you could do a more interesting and unique shirt or dress and then pair it with basic accessories. either way, you want to balance out the colors, prints, styles and sizes, and layering is a really cute and simple way to do that. you can layer skirts or dresses over tights, shirts over tank tops (a simple grey fitted shirt over a bright tank top is super cute!), or even jewelry (long layered necklaces, stacked bracelts, etc.). some colors that i think mix well together are silver and white, green and brown, purple and silver/gold, black and red, black and turquoise, pink and white, yellow and navy, green and white, peach and grey, and purple and blue. pretty much the only color combos i don't like are pink+purple, super bright neon colors all mixed together, or wearing things that are too matchy.

as for the sweat pants, if you have bright, colorful ones like hot pink or lime green, red, or black, wear them with white. if they're grey, light blue, light pink or white, you can wear a darker colored shirt like navy or black. pretty much light with dark and dark with light. hope that helps!

Ok, where do we start?

Let's start with the no-no's:
-socks with sandals
-skidoo boots (try uggs instead)
-oversized jeans and hoodies
-sweatpants (try fleece pants on weekends)
-"hunter green", brown with black, mustard yellow are all gross.

the trends:
-skinny jeans
-straight and bootcut jeans
-dark jeans
-scarves
-flats
-uggs
-straight sleek hair
-wavy hair
-long hair

Otherssssssssss.
-one big bold accessorie! try a bold chunky necklace OR pearls OR a big cute bag OR a scarf
-you should try to keep it colorful and add tons of layers this season. lace is very hot right now.
-blues, purples & pinks,reds & grey and white are hot combos this season.
-gold and plum are the two hottest shades of 2009
-google selena gomez. look for her in magazines. do your research! analize her style, how she pairs colors and textures, and try to bring it to your wardrobe!:) forever 21 is a favorite store of most celebs, and is quite cheap and trendy!
-get graphic tees with a matching tanktop underneath from aeropostale and a&f.
-look for cute henleys, sweaters (argyle is hot. so is plad)

email if you have any more questions:)
btw, i'm 14. so I would know about this stuff, lol!
xo mia. best of luck shopping!

if u love colors try looking fr stores that have roxy they have cool cloths with lots of color if u have a pac sun at ur mall they have roxy clothes...............for ideas look at this website http://search.pacsun.com/?all=u1&brand=roxy&gender=Girls&i=1&sort=best&u1=brand&cm_sp=20090203Floorset-_-5Promotion-_-Roxy

You should Do relaxed colors with your sweatpants, currently, skinny jeans are in style, but you need a long t-shirt to go with it. Yes, you should mix them. I heard yellow, and red work well. Or black and pink. Wear scarves (like the loose thin kind) that match with your outfit. I'm so sorry I don't shop at those stores, because there are none in my city. ;( but, yellow goes good with sweat pants, dark blue, black, and basically every one!

Back