Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Science can explain that which can be measured.

Spirituality by its nature isn't measurable by scientific means. That is why we have faith.

Science only trumps religion in the area of science. Science is not a substitution for spirituality. They belong in different realms.

Ask me how evolution works- The scientific answer will trump the religious every time.

Ask me what the meaning of life is or what is honest or what is the soul and where does it go when we die- Science is lost and religions wins every time.

I want doctors, architects, engineers, science teachers, etc to understand science.

I want clergy to understand faith and spirituality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To go with religion you must first, decide that God exist, then second, understand his proper character and attributes to be able to have faith in him. If God is really this ethereal, omniscient, omnipresent, blob, bodiless With three Gods, but one...well I would not believe in that either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh?

Just study psychology and history. It shows religions/creation myths all came from early man and their superstitions, 'weather' gods, animism, ancestor worship etc. Every 'new' religion is a confection of previous ones in that geographical region. The way in which religion spreads is well-documented and researched. There is nothing 'divine' about it.

Why would you use mathematics to prove that King George was mad, or that leprechauns aren't real?

Downloads
    Uploads

non religious people, if science trumps religion then...?

use science to tell me which viewpoint is correct. Are atheists correct, or Christians, or Islam. Somebody has to be right, so lets set up a scientific experiment with parameters and variables and lets proceed. Somebody tell me how to start. Or lets set up a math formula and follow it. Surly we have a math formula we can use to get probabilities.

Could it be that SOME atheists claim to have a lock on the "science" argument, but cannot use it to prove something so simple as what religion is correct? I mean there are websites saying: God is imaginary, so lets begin. We can even throw in evolution and geology, but lets go do the math or set up the experiment, since science and math is the perfect structure to tackle such easy things, and then we will all know for sure. It will be wonderful!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Technically speaking the person making the claim is the person who claims that something exists, not the person who claims that there isn't any evidence to support a belief in that thing. The default scientific perspective is skepticism.

the burden of proof lies on the theists, not the atheists.

I welcome your experiments and eagerly await your proof.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I refuse to prove that I exist,” says God, “for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing. - Douglas Adams

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nobody *has* to be right because nobody knows for sure. we don't know if there is or isn't a god. science currently cannot explain everything, and faith explains nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well you fail at the begining by saying either atheist christians or islam have to be right none of them have to be right i believe in a god not the christian one my own because i dont think the bible is right but am i right i believe i am but i dont know i am the only way to know is after death but i believe god used science to build us i dont think he picked up some dirt and made man it HAS to be more complicating than that i believe in evolution and the big bang and that god did it am i right again i dont know but i believe i am that is what it is all about what you believe it is are you right who knows we will find out one day

Downloads
    Uploads
    many elements were crunched together in outerspace and due to something called a reaction they all fired up and exploded. Just like if you add water to sulphur you get an explosion. There is no god making things blow up...its called a chemical reaction

Then when the earth started the ozone layer had not been created yet so everything started out as a fish, no plants. Then as time went by the ozone was created and now plants could begin without being fried by ultra violet light. Then the animals started to adapt from fish to amphibians because they could now go on land without being completly abliterated. These amphibians lived only by the shore.

Over a thousand years more mutations in the genetic code called double helix aka dna. Amphibians started getting tougher skin to hold water in and they could live away from water. These are called reptiles. This process continued until humns soon were evolved after many genetic mutations.

All of this happed over millions of years.

Which is believeable? humans being formed after a million years of evolution

OR

"God snapped his finger and adam was created within a few seconds"

Downloads
    Uploads
    irrational logic would be fallacious math at best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast