Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member sonicx28@sbcglobalenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Revert back from Bridge Mode Motorola MSTATEA?

went to bridge mode on my Motorola MSTATEA on my DSL connection and now I want to go back but now that I type in the advanced configuration page (192.168.1.254) nothing happens. How can I go back to PoPPE or the Default settings?
    My ISP is AT&T.

Additional Details:

I cannot access that modem's advanced configuration page.
    When I changed it to bridge mode it gave me this message:

"When using Bridged mode your access to the modem becomes limited. To return to the DSL modem user interface after this change you need to directly connect your PC to the modem without any gateway or router between the modem and the PC and configure your computer appropriately.

Configure the IP address of your computer to be on the same network as the modem by using an IP address of the form 192.168.1.x (except 192.168.1.254) and a network mask of 255.255.255.0.

You may also return to the DSL modem user interface by resetting the modem back to its initial defaults. All configuration changes and other settings will no longer be available if this is done. To reset the modem press the "Reset" button located on the back of the modem."

I want to know how to actually carry out this...

Unregistered

Cpu Modem fix

Hey,

I had the same problem. But after much frustration, I found that you have to connect the modem directly into your computer via the lan port. You then need to set your computers IP address to 192.168.1.x (where x can be anything other than 254). Reffer to your computers manuel on how to manuely set your IP address if you don't already know. Then open your browser and type in the address 192.168.1.254. This will bring you to the config page of the modem, and you can then set it back to its original state.

Best of luck.