A question for people who have Verizon and broke their phones?

0#_$0_c0nfu$3d

I have the Chocolate and I broke it. I don't have insurance. They're going to make me buy a new phone right? Am I going to have to alter my contract? Will I have to pay more or just for the new phone?

I think you should jsut have to pay for the new phone
Unless they think that the insurance will cover the new phone.

My old one broke so I had to pay 200.00 for my new one
Which is the new Chocolate.

I do not think that you have to alter your contract.
You can even pay for the new phone on your next bill.

you'll have to pay for a new phone. they may throw in for free the download of your contacts. they did for my husband when he broke his phone. the guy said they normally charge for it but my husband had been standing line behind a difficult customer so to make up for it he just did it. I think it was nominal charge.

it really depends on the contact!
some contracts will let you have a free phone and some don't-the best thing would be to call verizon and ask!

hope this helps!

Unless you're still covered by warranty and the damage is covered under that same warranty then you'll have to purchase a new phone for the full price. I doubt you could get a replacement Chocolate even if you extended the contract because it wouldn't be a new contract. A way you can get around it is if you add a line to your plan for two years and pay an extra $10/month. That's a new contract right there and you'd get the free phone. You can then have your number hooked up to the new, free phone. It pretty much evens out in the long run but you would just be paying for the new phone over a two year span rather than paying full price upfront.

You might be able to buy a phone cheaper on ebay or something and have it activated for verizon rather than pay the list price for a phone in the store

Your contract will stay the same and if you have had your phone for less than six months, you may be eligible for a new one at no charge if you can convince them that it was a manufactures defect. If you have had your phone for less than a month, you are garraunteed a new phone with no hassles. Don't fret though, getting a new phone does not mean you have to sign a new agreement with Verizon. Good luck.

This happenned to me with my phone... i didnt have insurance, they just made me pay 50$ to get a new phone.

well you are out of luck you have to pay a $100 fine for breaking the contract or you could just buy an new phone an still pay the fine

you wont need a new contract, and they will replace your phone for a little to no price

if you don't have insurance then you have to buy a new phone. Don't be cheap...you should have bought the insurance. i broke my phone but for 50 bucks i got the same one in the mail the next day. Buy insurance.

im pretty sure its just for the phone thats what usually happens

If you broke it you have to buy another one if you dont have insurance. VZW's warranty only covers software malfunctions on the phone. If it's physical or liquid damage than you're SOL.

If you got your phone on a grandfathered plan or an upgrade, you could possibly finagle one year pricing out of your rep. Ask them about that before you are locked into buying a phone for 9 million bucks.

Back