re BMW 320i .......................................?

JM1

Jun 8, 2008
Hi guys, Is there any Bmw technicians online or any good technicians that can help me help my friend who purchased the car from me.
I have 2 questions to ask.

1/ Engine usually starts ok in morning from cold, whenever engine is turned off or stalls, sometimes the engine fails to start.It sounds lke its out of petrol or whatever. After around 30 mins, the car starts and could ber ok for days then play up again.

I suggested he checked the plastic couling connected to throttle body for any spliting in the belows , another thing I wondered was could it be the alarm system as it was switched off for some reason before I bought the car, does the imobilisrer work through the alarm?
The car had a full serrvice before he headed home to Scotland 660 miles approx, it did the trip with no probs apart from thr ABS light comming on on his way up the highlands, the light went out a few days later and so far its ok, my son reckons its a sensor thats either dirty or faulty.

Re the humming noise, I told him it may have something t o do with the heating / air con system, aircon sytem is climate control, I heard possible same noise on my previouse cars.

The other prob is, when engine is turned off, he can hear a slight humming type noise that chsnges tone as engine is turned off.

Thanku for ur help.

Jimmy Disabled Scottish gentleman living in Essex UK
Car is a 95 3230i tourer.

Sortry about slight boo boo about the buzzing sound, i tried to add more info and on checking after i submitted it, which was too late.

Back