Do women find actually find metrosexual dudes attractive?

Zumaria

Dec 10, 2008
Not me. Nothing wrong with being well dressed when you go out together, but I have heard of metrosexual guys getting their nails manicured and shaving their chest and armpits, that is way over the top to me.

seriously now. Cuz i cant understand the appeal in havin a man that is more vain and image obsessed than you. Personally I think a metrosexual dude is just a homo in the making because there is NO other reason for acting like that unless youre gay & havent come to terms with it yet
lol conor....its an avatar you cant judge appearance based on an imaginary shot of my neck and head. But I've run track and played basketball for the last 5 years and probably could kick your @ss if i ever had to.
Faith

But thats the same as guys sayin that we like fun chicks who arent afraid to get dirty or who would watch Rambo with us lol. I mean it would be nice but its not all that matters. At the end of the day men typically like feminine women so i would imagine it would be the same with you guys.
alot of you guys are missing the point too

Metrosexual is a "straight" dude who acts feminine and looks gay. Well groomed aint gay.

Example: being clean-shaved or trimmed with neat hair and a clean, nice shirt & jeans is well groomed.

now taking it to the level where your eyebrows are done, ya shirt is two sizes too small and your pants look like you took em out of your girlfriends drawer is metrosexual.

My question is how is it that alot of women find option two attractive at all?

Haha not me!
I mean i wont date a guy who's ugly and doesnt care at all about the way he looks

but i wont date a guy who cares too much you know?
because then i will be self conscious that i'll always have to look perfect around this guy and match up to his standards, which i do not want to do.

right in between is perfect.

Nope, I like my men to be...men. I don't mind sensitive guys and guys who take care with their appearance but there is a line. And many metros cross it. It's just a biological impulse that has developed over millions of years in women. We need men who can protect his family if need be and provide. It's not my fault that I get turned on when I see a guy:

1. Get tough and win a fist fight.
2. Hold a baby
These things have been programmed into me. When I see a guy wearing eye liner and tight clinging pants that look like they are killing his sperm, straightens his hair every day, looks in the mirror often, cries at everything, has a high pitched voice, and who paints his nail it is a huge turn off. My body tells me---this man can not do a man's job and won't make strong healthy babies.

This biolgical impulse is present in men, except their genetic expectations have more to do with a woman's look. It sounds shallow but genetically speaking a man's job was to protect the family and children until they could protect themselves and the woman's job was to produce healthy babies. This isn't about feminism people, it's millenia of evolution. There is a reason men like to see big breasts and a healthy sized body. Their attraction is rooted in the fact that the woman looks like she can make healthy babies safely. Emaciated women can't do that.

So why are more and more women attracted to men who act and look like a...well woman? And why are more and more men being attracted to women that look like they wouldn't be able to stand in a strong wind, let along carry a child for 9 months?

Becuase our needs are changing as our world changes. On the man's side--how many wild animals do you think the average man has to fight for his family's safety every day? How many many battles does he have to fight (discounting battles over parking spaces)? I wager none for most. We don't live outside anymore, we are "civilized".

Today's battles are cerebral and based less on physical prowess and more on intelligence. So maybe manly men are going out of style for an evolutionary reason. Maybe in another million years or so men's men will be obsolute and Prince will be the epitome of maleness. *Shudder* Or maybe women and men will perform the complete opposite of the functions they provide now. It's all very scary.

Is this all a good thing? I do not believe so, but you can have your own opinion.

Some do. Some don't.

Of course not all women think and feel the same exact thing!

Some women find that attractive and I don't know how or way... I can't stand guys in skinny jeans, guys that wear eyeliner, tight ass shirts, NONE of that. Hell I don't wear much make-up (Only lipgloss and sometimes liner) so how can he be wearing more makeup than me?!? That's going a bit far. Now, I like guys that like looking good and presentable but that doesn't mean you have to spend years in the mirror and/or shower.

No. I mean it's a little too much if I have a guy who looks better than me lol. I would be scared that he could turn gay in any second and leave me sad!

well i suppose it might work both ways,theres a lesbian lives up the road i wouldnt mind getting it on with.her mate could join us if she wanted.

depends. sometimes they're so "pretty boyish" they look gay, and i'm straight, so i wouldn't be interested.

:)

Why would I want to date someone who was practically as feminine as me

Conor: ooh cheap shot

Ewww. I think its gay too like waiting to come out the closet. Like Prince for example. Ughhh I know a guy that is. feminine men,thats gross. I love my men masculine, rock solid.

Back