Are there any half-sisters or step-parents out there that can answer this question?

gatekeeperonduty

Feb 8, 2009
My son's wife has a 10 yr old daughter from her 1st marriage and a 4 yr old daughter with my son. The oldest daughter goes to visit her dad every other weekend. When they got home from school on Fri both girls were allowed one ice cream. Both have their favorites.The oldest likes fudge bars and the youngest likes strawberry. The oldest ate her fudge bar and took the box of strawberry ice cream which had 11 left in it and ate all of them within 20 mins before her dad came to pick her up. She hid the empty box and ice cream sticks behind the freezer. When her mom asked her why she did that she screamed at her mom that she wants to live with her daddy. She takes black markers and draws on her sisters clothes. She breaks her toys. She draws on the walls and toliet seat cover and tries to blame it on her sister. The school has reported that she has taken her 4 yr old sister to different parts of the school and left her there so she wouldnt know how to get to her class in the mornings. Pushed her in the a closet and left her there at the school once. The school resolved that issue. Why does she do these things? Why did she eat strawberry ice cream that she doesnt like ?

Darling, she's jealous of her sister. Obviously in her mind her sister is getting more attention (which is entirely possible considering her age) and is loved more. I suspect at her father's house she's either the only child there or she receives massive amounts of attention because she's only there for a limited time. My suggestion? It's up to your son and his wife to take time just for her. I know that it's taxing when you're an adult with your own worries and such, but give it a try. Once a week or so her mother and her should just having time to themselves. They can go for a walk, go and get pizza together, whatever. This gives her a chance outside of being with her sister to connect with her mom. Your son, in the spirit of being an awesome step-parent should do something of the same. Though he is not her father, he is a male role model in her life the majority of the time and them developing their own relationship is in the best interest of their family. Give it a trial run of about a month and see if her attitude doesn't change.

She is being rebellious that is all. She does not want to see her mom married to someone else. She even want to see her parents back together again. She needs help right away. It is obvious that she is getting more bold with her taunts and antics. She also may need to spend sometime with just her mom,

Good Luck!

Back