Stopped going to work, how can I put this job on future applications?

Chad

May 15, 2008
I used to have a seasonal part-time job and, I know this is horrible, but I just stopped going as opposed to quitting. I deeply regret it now but I'm hoping that there is some way I can put this on applications for other places. I'm only 17 and I don't want to make this a habit which is why I'm getting help for it now. Anyways, I want to know if I can put it on my applications for experience, and how would I explain it to a future employer? Also, I live in CA and I was reading on other questions about this that an employer can't legally tell another company if I gave a notice or not, so it should be fine. I just want to make sure that I don't hurt my chances of getting a job. Thanks for the help.

Truly that was a big mistake, when we call for references we can't ask why you left or about notices, but the big question is "are you eligible for rehire", if your former employer says no and they most likely will that can really hurt your chances at future employment. You are so young, you would do better to not list that employer and just try to get hired by whatever means got you the last job.

Back