Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do i get my first car?

so i am 16 years old. my parents dont have enough money to get me a car let alone themselves. so i have a part time job and it only pays about 150 every other week. how can i get my own car by next school year because im going to be a senior meaning i'll have to get out of school early plus sometimes i may just go from school straight to work. and i dont want to be worrying my parents. how can a go about getting a car

Junior Member angelikabertrand64's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only advice in such an economic crisis as we are in, save your money. Put it into some short-term CD's. I know that the government, gives you a tax credit, when you purchase a Hybrid car or any other fuel efficient vehicle. I know 1th is very young. I do not know what the age regulations are. I think you must be 18th years of age, to legally purchase a car plus valid insurance and driver liscence ins most states.
    Ask around your friends, your neighbors. Sometimes, they have cheaper older vehicles in their back yards. Sometimes, they only miss a few things. Or go to a car aution with your parents. Sometimes here they auction of cars for $ 500.00 dollars. But you purchase the car as it is. There is no warranty with it. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be absolutely honest: You don't earn enough to buy, run, insure & maintain a car. Forget it, car ownership & being a student just don't go together. You may scrape enough to run a moped, but it's still an expensive way of getting about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    car is the cheap part don't forget insurance. gas plates repairs you may not get a car right away but keep working and saving just be realistic about your options Try getting a job at a car center or hospital over the summer there pay may be better than most jobs

Downloads
    Uploads
    I walked to work, finally saved up enough to buy my own car.
    Try not to spend to much on phones, clothes. You have
    a goal, you can do it!