issue with car shipping company?

KgjhkjkW

Feb 6, 2009
hi
i recently scheduled a order with a car shipping company for picking my car from OKlahoma..
and i paid 150$ as initial fee for them and was told that the car will be picked up on friday..
but no one showed up yet, and in the mean time i found another shipping company who picked up the car today,
as i desperately needed it to be shipped asap to CA....

now,for the money that i paid to the previous shipping company, can i get that back..
i used my credit card to authorize them the payment..
so,can i call the credit card company and complain about the shipping company,so that my credit card company
will treat this as a misuse and file case against them and get my money back..

please suggest...

You need to read the contract and see if it includes anything about refunds and the timeframe that they give(in writing) for pickup. Most auto transport companies give a timeframe window (usually around 10-14 days from the first available pickup date). Some have different rules in their contract. Even if you didn't get a paper or email contract, it may be found on their website. You should read that and contact them first before filling a claim with your credit card company.

For future, you can check out companies real feedback from past customers on www.transportreviews.com.

Good Luck!

Back