Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    justin520

Will my current Cingular 3G sim card work in an iphone?

If I get a new apple iphone 1.1.2 (not from an at&t store) and jailbreak and activate it, can i then just pop in my current cingular 3G sim card and get service on the iphone or must i go thru additional steps and get an nextsim or turbosim to make my cingular 3g sim card work on the iphone?

Thanks...peace

runningwithscalpels
    I don't believe you have to jailbreak it because you have Cingular/AT&T/Whatever they're calling themselves these days, I've found from experience that if the service provider is the same, switching SIM cards is cake and you don't need to "unlock" anything. It doesn't matter if you didn't buy it from the AT&T store, they're only made to work with AT&T out of the box to begin with.

I would think that the 3G card would work, just stick it in, and if it doesn't then try the steps you suggested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by justin520 View Post
    If I get a new apple iphone 1.1.2 (not from an at&t store) and jailbreak and activate it, can i then just pop in my current cingular 3G sim card and get service on the iphone or must i go thru additional steps and get an nextsim or turbosim to make my cingular 3g sim card work on the iphone?

Thanks...peace
    Sure you can freely use your cingular sim in the new iphone only if it is unlocked one else if the iphone is locked to some other network provider then it wont accept cingular sim until you unlock it .You can easily unlock your iphone using sites like TheUnlockArena.com here they are rendering remote unlocking service to unlock all model iphone from network lock .You first check that whether the service is available for your country and network provider .If yes then pay for it and unlock your iphone then freely use it with any GSM sim .