Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

is it mentioned anywhere in the bible about people around a person chanting

prophecies over the person? I guess before I make fun of these certain christians, I should check the bible first. I was in this bible study and we had some quests travailing around the World saying their prophecies were from the Lord. There was like 4 or 5 of them.(long time ago) and they had their hands over this man and going threw each of us individually. and they were saying God was going threw all 5 of them and they were seeing pictures and telling the man what they saw. One said they saw a black lickerish. And shrugged his shoulders like a fool and said I wounder what that means??? The other said you will have a boat in your life, and just foolishness in my eyes. I would not let them prophecy over me, I was the only one by the way. Because in my eyes God would not talk about things of the world like a boat that turns to dust, but heavenly things and doing his will. It really freaked me out this church, and I made sure I never went back. BUT does it say anything in the bible about this kind of prophecy?

it was like witches and a crystal ball... instead of a ball it was a persons head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that particular group knows what they're doing. If you don't feel comfortable in a church you should leave and keep searching. Like you did. A lot of churches have really gotten off base and have become very worldly, pastors aren't who they say they are, ect. They are humans and we should give them a break.

If there is mention in the Bible about these things it is different now. Doing things like that will only push people away from the church and confirm there fears, that Christians are weird and consider themselves better than everyone else. We aren't.

keep searching for a different Church and pray pray pray! Read your own bible and talk to God. I know it sounds corny and all but it really does work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No not that I know of.