17....? Okay, so.... basically tonight in the parking lot after work i was in an accident. Here's how it went.
I walk out to my car with a co worker and we get in and turn on the music. I check my mirror and turn on the car... ( there is no signal of any of the cars around me being turned on, no lights, no people walking to cars.) I turn on the car and shift into reverse, keeping my foot on the brake i quickly check my mirror again, and turn around to check for cars, the way is clear. I begin to back up STRAIGHT, all of a sudden the proximity sensors on the back of my car start beeping and i brake immediately. Then the car moves forward sharply, because i have just been hit.( The other guy had a HUGE GMC Tahoe, he had pulled out on an angle and was quite close to my car to begin with, PLUS his vehicle had several other dents and scratches while mine is a year old camry) I pull back into my space a few feet and turn off the car. The guy is already outside of his car and asks for my insurance number because he is in a rush. I ask him to come inside my work to exchange info. Although, i did apologize, which makes me seem like i am to blame...in retrospect i am beginning to think i am not 100% at fault.... anyways... back to my question.... now that you know some of the circumstances surrounding the situation what i really want to know is.... Should i get insurance involved... (my mom estimates the damage on our car to be approx $1000) but my dent was worse than his.... ( Mine- about 1.5 inches deep, his 1")...and what is the ruling on parking lot collisions is it true that it is always 50-50? I mean..he was backing up too, he could have tried to avoid me.... OH YAH... and i'm a 17 year old driver with her g2.

So... insurance? no insurance?
and is it always 50-50?
He wants me to pay.... .he just kept saying " My son hit someone when he was younger too..." but i'm not sure it was all me hitting him....

What do you think??
OH yah..and this happened in a public plaza parking lot in southern ontario.