My mum treats me like I'm stupid?

anon1

May 16, 2008
It's awful. My mum is a control freak and she treats me like I'm a complete moron. Like today, I had the remote and we were all flicking through to see what to watch. I suggested a movie I saw but she said 'No, you KNOW I don't like cutting into things halfway through' so I moved on. We flicked through some more and I stopped on a page and since she'd said she liked the movie before I said 'what about now, it's on again from the start in twenty minutes' and she said we'd seen it before anyway, so I was ok with that. I flicked onto another page, I asked if there was anything she wanted to watch there, and suddenly she just went 'UGH, give me the remote' and telling me I'm such a pain with it. I had no idea what I'd done and she said 'you're going too fast!' even though I wasn't, I'd been on the same page for ages seeing if she wanted to watch anything! She starts going 'Oh just GIVE ME IT, you're such a pain when you have it!' and then a fight ensued, I was really annoyed that she'd started something over something I didn't even do or know anything about! She ended up snatching it off of me. She always does stuff like that, but she never does it to my brother! I get really good grades in school but she always treats me like I'm a complete ditz. We're twins and he took sides telling me to stop being a child, even though I didn't do anything except ask them what they wanted to watch on TV! I told her I wasn't going too fast and if she wanted me to slow down I'd do it but she just got mad at me. She won't let me have my own housekeys either, and every mistake I make she just emphasizes it. I do sports and I injured myself this week and she didn't even ask me how it was, she just told me I was an idiot for injuring myself and that I shouldn't do it if I'm going to get injured. She never listens to me when I have problems, when I try telling her she tells me to stop being such a victim and to just deal with it and gets mad when I ask her to listen to me. She'll never admit she's wrong about anything and put the blame on me if she is wrong. My brother doesn't do as well as me in school but she doesn't treat him like he's stupid. When I ask her to stop doing it she tells me to stop acting like it! And then when she finally had control of the TV, she flicked onto a program which was halfway through! I told her she was being a hypocrite and that she just said she didn't like cutting into things halfway through, but they just ignored me and my mum started reading. My brother then started insulting me and when I answered him back he was told to not bother with me because I was in a mood. 'She's in a mood' is my mums excuse for everything! It's beginning to really depress me, my grades are starting to slip and I've already got enough problems outside of my home! What do I do?!

Back