Generally more difficult for people in England 2 learn 2 drive since even...

EndlessWave99

Nov 11, 2008
...most ppl there are right handed..? and their cars are obviously developed with the steering wheel on the right side leaving the shifter (most cars there are manual--making it seem like it would make it an even bigger learning curve) on the left side. Because the left hand is the "guiding" hand while the right hand (predomint hand of dexterity for majority of people in the world) is the "executing" hand. It's apparent that cars with the wheel on the left with the shifter to the right was clearly designed for people who are right-handed...

Myself live in the UK and it seems strange when i drive cars that are lhd as to me it seems logical to have my left hand move the stick as it is a basic movement and allows me to keep control of the wheel with my right hand,at the end of the day it seems better to have my better hand in total control of the vehicle against my better hand moving a stick.
Also gives me more control doing hand brake turns and drifting.

Myself live in the UK and it seems strange when i drive cars that are lhd as to me it seems logical to have my left hand move the stick as it is a basic movement and allows me to keep control of the wheel with my right hand,at the end of the day it seems better to have my better hand in total control of the vehicle against my better hand moving a stick.

Back